by Kim on Saturday, April 07, 2007

#10: Logan Likes Mary Anne!


Claudia as personal shopper:

"In the junior department I tried on a green sweater dress that made me look like a mermaid, and a yellow sweater dress that made me look as big as a house. Then Claudia handed me a full white skirt with the words Paris, Rome, and London, and sketchy pink and blue pictures of the Eiffel Tower, the Tower Bridge, and other stuff scrawled all over it. She matched it up with a pink shirt and a baggy pink sweater. I would never, ever have tried on that skirt, but with the shirt and sweater it looked really cool.

In the shoe department we found white slip-ons with pink and blue edging that matched the pink and blue in the skirt. I'd never have looked twice at those shoes, either, but with the rest of the outfit they were perfect."

BSC style at the Remember September dance:

"I joined my friends and we walked to the gym in a noisy bunch. We were all smoothing our hair and picking lint from our clothes and fussing with our jewelry. I thought we made a pretty good-looking group. Claudia was wearing short, tight-fitting black pants and a big white shirt that said BE-BOP all over it in between pictures of rock and roll dancers. She had fixed a floppy blue bow in her hair. Stacey was wearing a white t-shirt under a hot pink jumpsuit. Dawn and Kristy looked more casual. Dawn was wearing a green and white oversized sweater and stretchy green pants. Kristy was wearing a white turtleneck shirt under a pink sweater with jeans. We just couldn't seem to get her out of blue jeans."

Jesus, Mary Anne, a good pair of jeans can be the starting point for many a fabulous outfit. Who died and made you queen of BSC fashion?

11 comments

Stacy, why is your white t-shirt under your jumpsuit? Not okay!

by Meghan Drrns on 5:40 PM. #

Claudia handed me a full white skirt with the words Paris, Rome, and London, and sketchy pink and blue pictures of the Eiffel Tower, the Tower Bridge, and ... oh crap, what's a landmark of Rome that 12 year-old girls will know? Hmm, the David is too racy, Collosseum is kind of a big word... oh! OTHER STUFF. Perfect.

by Jory Dayne on 11:09 AM. #

LOL, Jory Dayne! Funny :)

by Miakoda on 8:35 PM. #

I would so kill for a be-bop shirt...

by Jillian on 2:19 AM. #

I wanted that Famous Cities skirt so bad!!

Can you imagine David on the skirt (although I think the statue is in Florence... nerd moment)? Mr. Spier would FLIP!

by Unknown on 2:43 PM. #

That damn skirt used to be an object of lust for me for so many years. I never saw it, but I KNEW it in my mind.

by Elysabeth on 9:06 AM. #

OMG, I remember reading this the first time and wanting the skirt.

Back when the BSC books were so sweet.

by DWR on 3:02 AM. #

This skirt sounded cool in theory but could easily go wrong. Very Wrong.

Since it's the BSC and the 80's, I'm betting it went more Wrong.

by Unknown on 3:36 PM. #

This skirt sounded cool in theory but could easily go wrong. Very Wrong.

Since it's the BSC and the 80's, I'm betting it went more Wrong.

by Unknown on 3:39 PM. #

When I was 9 I thought that skirt was the best idea ever. In retrospect, I think that some of these are so specific that... they probably actually existed. One of the ghostwriters probably saw that cities skirt in a catalog, and the BE-BOP shirt in a mall shop, and theorized the rest of the outfit from there. In which case.. these might exist in some thrift stores right now. And that's awesome.

by Usagi Tsukino on 6:34 PM. #

Your blog post is very interesting. Your level of thinking is good and the clarity of writing is excellent. I enjoyed so much to read this post
Johnny Cobra Kai Jacket

by Robin David on 4:21 AM. #

Leave your comment