by Kim on Tuesday, May 08, 2007

#45: Kristy and the Baby Parade

"'Hi, Claudia!" said Jamie, flinging open the door about two seconds after Claud had rung the bell. 'I like your earrings!'

Claud, as usual, was wearing some pretty wild earrings that day. And, of course, they were coordinated with her outfit. Here's what she was wearing (I saw her later that day at our meeting): an oversized redblouse with black buttons, green leggings with white, tie-dyed streaks, and black high-top sneakers with all kinds of buckles and straps on them. (The laces were untied, which I guess is the cool way to wear them. I'd be tripping over them all day, but Claud can pull it off.)

Can you guess what her earrings were? Dangling watermelon slices. Get it? She was dressed like a watermelon, head to toe. And, of course, Jamie loves the effect."

9 comments

This is the best idea ever. Seriously.


...As I remember, Stacy had some rockin' outfits, too, but Claudia won hands-down for out-there-ness.

by Unknown on 1:55 AM. #

yes, you are a genius! i found your blog from your tribute to claudia pic on flickr.

as far as the above comment, yeah, i remember that about stacy too, i'm pretty sure i remember claudia even being envious of stacy's access to "new york fashion"... oh my god, i love bsc.

by elizabethemily on 2:10 AM. #

Wow I am in love with your blog! What an amazing idea, seriously. I'll be reading this from now on.

by Kori on 1:00 PM. #

Amazing blog; holy crap. I hope you'll keep them coming!

by Alicia on 4:32 PM. #

Such a cool blogging idea!

Oh, I totally remember this watermelon outfit from all those years ago when I read about it in one of the Babysitter's Club book. Claudia was my fave, artsy, junk food addict, just like me :)

by [a} on 10:44 AM. #

ahh, I am totally feeling the love. I came here to post (now that my semester is over) and was pleasantly surprised by all the comments.

Yeah, there are definitely outfits of Stacey's that rival Claud's ... even if just for the WTF factor. I'll have to keep my eye out for gems. Stacey would be more likely to wear leggings where one leg was red and other black, I think. THAT, was like, the epitome of New York City cool.

Keep an eye out, I've got a decent collection of books to archive and I'm always keeping an eye out at yard sales and thrift stores. This blog shall live on.

by Kim on 6:21 PM. #

What I remember most about Stacey was her hair was a "fabulous, shaggy blonde mane." I always pictured her as a lion.

by Sarah Brown on 3:42 AM. #

I remember the watermelon outfit! Love this blog.

by Ophelie on 12:59 AM. #

This is the outfit that always springs to mind when I think of Claudia. (Which is often, of course.)

by evilcat on 3:54 PM. #

Leave your comment