by Kim on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kristy Thomas, American Psycho Babysitter

". . .There is nothing more depressing than coming home after last bell at StoneyBrook High, trying to get my room in order for the Baby-Sitters’ Club meeting, and then realizing that you really don’t even give a shit anymore. Like, sorry that you have diabetes Stacey, but do we have to spend half the afternoon discussing it? And yeah, it really bums me out to watch Claudia just snort up half those Pixie Stixs when she is so blatantly trying to get attention to her sugar problem, but every time we try to talk to her about it she says she needs it to focus on her art and that her super-strict Asian parents are coming down on her ass again so what’s the point, really? This whole club is really getting to be a drag but whatever, I started the project . . ."
Best thing you've read all week (that is, if you haven't seen it already): Crushable's Drew Grant re-imagines the Babysitters Club in the style of Bret Easton Ellis. Thanks to @annarosekerr and Courtney Summers for sending me the link.

3 comments

Oh my god. This is amazing! Thank you so much. I've now snorted several times.

by Unknown on 11:54 AM. #

This is amazing. Kristy would be the character to snap, wouldn't she? Thanks for sharing the link.

by Sidewalk Chic on 2:46 PM. #

I feel a bit ripped off, considering I wrote this for Crushable a few weeks prior. http://crushable.com/other-stuff/fan-fiction-forever-13/

Not that mine is in the style of Bret Easton Ellis ... but still. BSC, reimagined in a new genre, horror-related? Grumble.

I apologize for being so petty.

by Kristin on 12:14 AM. #

Leave your comment